MPS Mission Statement
The mission of Multicultural Programs and Services is to promote the academic, personal, and social success of all students, particularly those from under-represented and historically marginalized populations.
MPS values diversity and strives to transform the Virginia Tech community through cross-cultural exchange. We will increase multicultural competencies as a means of achieving educational excellence.
We accomplish our mission through a combination of programs and services that promote:
- Cultural Awareness: Coordinating annual cultural celebrations as a means of community celebration and exposure to a variety of ethnic communities.
- Multicultural Education: Partnering with campus and community groups to create co-curricular opportunities that help expand cultural knowledge, skills, and competencies.
- Retention: Supporting the retention of students through advocacy, mentoring programs, and support groups.
- Leadership Development: Promoting student leadership development through organization advising and training.
- Community Building: Maintaining the Cultural Centers as safe and welcoming spaces for its constituent groups and all members of the Virginia Tech community.
Join MPS Listserv
Please join the Multicultural Programs and Services Listserv. We post one - two emails weekly Join the Multicultural Programs and Services listserv. We post one to two emails weekly regarding MPS related events and other information. If you are interested, follow the information below.
To subscribe to a list:
- Send a new email message to email@example.com.
- In the body of the message, type: subscribe multiculturalprogramsandservices [First Name] [Last Name]
Note: You must send your request from the email address that you would like added to the listserv.
No Current Events